Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
Manufacturing Technical Services (MTS) is a key partner to Design Engineering in New Product Development (NPD). MTS works closely with DE to ensure those products in NPD programs are designed to have the highest possible manufacturability characteristics; ensuring highest possible quality, safety, and lowest possible cost while meeting key performance characteristics.
MTS is responsible for developing cutting edge manufacturing processes as part of our NPD programs and bring these processes to fruition. MTS is also a key component of advancing AWP manufacturing capability. This includes automation, robotics, and AGV’s.
Responsible for supporting operations as a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team. This position will play a critical role with the support and continuous improvement of manufacturing value streams for existing products. This position requires knowledge of manufacturing practices including fabrication and assembly line setup, tooling design, harness board development, electrical tester implementation, and equipment design. Requires an understanding of electrical controls, hydraulics and pneumatics. Requires knowledge of engineering terminology including design specifications, CAD, BOM, equipment and component testing methods, and equipment functionality. Good understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes.
· Managing small scale projects, which includes concept development both 2D and wood mock up
· Steel prototyping as well as all related documentation.
· The candidate must have a good understanding of lean manufacturing principles with a focus on Jidoka, One touch, and Poka-Yoke.
· Understand and apply workplace ergonomic and safety standards to all projects with the goal of creating “Zero Harm”.
· This role will require the candidate to work closely with the Genie design team to create innovative solutions for production needs.
· Quick mock-ups and simulations of new processes will be required, also the development of a timeline and overall project plan.
· Ability to sketch ideas and collaborate with many groups within MTS and Terex.
· Responsible for managing the workload for several projects at once and prioritizing projects to hit established deadlines
· Responsible for applying established build standards to harness board development
It is the policy of Terex to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal and external candidates based on work-related factors and to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Terex will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V