Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
This position is responsible for the daily coordination of assigned area. This includes training and monitoring production processes of a small group of team members. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing a safe work environment, ensuring standard work is being performed, maintaining 5S levels, identifying and resolving quality issues, addressing line stop/lost production issues, collecting data and maintaining visual displays, participating in RIP’s, and filling in for absent team members on an as needed basis per supervisor’s request.
- Studies daily production schedules and estimates team member hours and materials needed to complete assignments
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, and job orders such as engineering change notices to team members, makes and participates in assignments and conducts inspections of work
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment and tools that improve work flow, efficiency, and team member safety
- Trains new team members. Communicates company philosophies and policies, teaches and demonstrates work routines
- Maintains records of day-to-day activity including time and materials and process steps
- May set up and/or verify settings on production machines
- May inspect materials used in the manufacturing of Genie products
- Assembles equipment components, sub-assemblies, and accessories as required for the assigned stage of production and in coordination with a small team of co-workers
- Operates a variety of handheld and power-assisted tools and production fixtures
- Enters and retrieves production information onto a computerized data entry screen or a custom-designed form
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position
The position requires a complete understanding of all assembly and sub-assembly processes in the area of assignment sufficient to organize a small work team, train new team members, examine work results, and assemble equipment. Requires a working knowledge in the usage of automated production machinery, common hand tools, hand held power tools, fabricating equipment, and portable air tools such as a ratchet. Requires sufficient human relations skill to conduct one-on-one training and achieve harmony with team members. Requires sufficient problem-solving skills to troubleshoot situations such as labor and material shortages, tool and equipment problems, while maintaining productivity.
This position may work with, near or around; or be potentially exposed to hazardous materials while working at the Oklahoma City Facility.