All persons operating equipment used in the transporting of materials within Genie, will be required to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the operation of the equipment and proficiently demonstrate their ability to safely operate the equipment in a fast paced manufacturing environment. All individuals operating a Forklift/PIT, will be adept in the lifting and moving of materials, ensuring proper balance, centering loads, straight pallet stacking, while exhibiting constant awareness of surroundings and potential safety concerns/hazards in an ongoing effort to avoid accidents and/or incidents .
Responsibilities & Skills:
This position requires a highly motivated team member. Deliverables will include but not limited to:
Obey all safety rules and guidelines of the Powered Industrial Trucks Safety program.
Material handling: safely transport materials, parts and/or finished products. This position requires a team member to be able to demonstrate the ability to understand center of gravity and load dynamics.
PIT Certified Team members will be cross-trained on the operation and proper use of all pieces of equipment that may be used in performing the functions of their job; sit down lifts, stand up lifts, Taylor Dunn trucks, Tugs and Pallet jacks.
Ability to operate 5,000 to 8,000 lbs. Forklifts
Participate in safety programs.
Maintain PIT Equipment by performing preventive maintenance, recommending repairs and performing pre and post inspection reporting equipment defects and/or maintenance needs immediately
1) Minimum One year experience as a PIT or heavy equipment operator- (preferably in a manufacturing environment)
2) Good communication skills, able to read, write and speak English.
3) Valid Driver’s License
4) Completion of the Genie sponsored PIT Course –satisfactorily demonstrate the ability to operate PIT and meet the skills required to pass Certification test.
5) Ability to work independently and as a team member.
6) Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
7) Math Aptitude
8) Understanding of load dynamics