Terex Corporation is a lifting and material handling solutions company reporting in five business segments: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, Material Handling & Port Solutions and Materials Processing. Terex manufactures a broad range of equipment serving customers in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utilities.
Terex Aerial Work Platforms (Genie), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity.
This position is responsible for the daily coordination of assigned area. This includes training and monitoring production processes of a small group of team members. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing a safe work environment, ensuring standard work is being performed, maintaining 5S levels, identifying and resolving quality issues, identifying and implementing poka yoke, addressing line stop/lost production issues, collecting data and maintaining visual displays, participating in RIP’s, and filling in for absent team members on an as needed basis per supervisor’s request.
- Studies daily production schedules and estimates team member hours and materials needed to complete assignments
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, and job orders such as engineering change notices to team members, makes and participates in assignments and conducts inspections of work
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment and tools that improve work flow, efficiency, and team member safety
- Trains new team members. Communicates company philosophies and policies, teaches and demonstrates work routines
- Maintains records of day-to-day activity including time and materials and process steps
- May set up and/or verify settings on production machines
- May inspect materials used in the manufacturing of Genie products
- Assembles equipment components, sub-assemblies, and accessories as required for the assigned stage of production and in coordination with a small team of co-workers
- Operates a variety of handheld and power-assisted tools and production fixtures
- Enters and retrieves production information onto a computerized data entry screen or a custom-designed form
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position
Minimum of 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
High School Diploma/GED
Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
Strong technical ability and understanding of Lean manufacturing Principles.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Flexible, with strong teamwork orientation.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated leadership ability, including experience coaching and training others.
Strong math skills.
Excellent problem solving skills.