Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining. Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visit www.terex.com and/or www.facebook.com/TerexCorporation.
Position Description: Perform a variety of work related to the shipping, receiving and material control throughout the shop.
1. Operate forklifts within TEREX Utilities' forklift policy/program to move and store parts and materials. Must be able to supply tubes and large parts to welders, along with loading and unloading sandblast booth. Will also be required to work in weld utility area to include clean up, and paint booth.
2. May keep records of out-going materials on requisitions or forms and may fill out inventory location and disposition forms. May assist in unpacking shipments received or pack shipments for delivery.
3. Read and interpret blueprints.
4. Access computer terminals for manufacturing codes, Bill of Materials, etc.
5. Organize and perform steps needed in sequence to keep work flowing through shop.
6. Comply with TEREX Utilities quality standards through error prevention and by meeting such requirements with zero defects.
7. Certain personal protective equipment is required.
8. Perform other utility functions as needed.
Physical requirements of the job: Physical requirements of the job are classified as medium to heavy. Medium to heavy work is defined as exerting 20 to 100 pounds of force occasionally (0-2.5 hrs/day); and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently (2.5-5.5 hrs/day); and or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly (5.5+ hrs/day) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of Light work.
Skills: Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team, work under the pressure of deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy.