About the Position:
Title: Manager, Business Tax
Reports to: Finance Director
Location: Waverly, Iowa
Terex Corporation is a global business leader that manufactures a broad range of equipment for use in various industries, including the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, recycling, surface mining, transportation, refining, utility and maintenance industries. Terex operates in three business segments throughout the world: Aerial Work Platforms, Cranes and Materials Processing.
Global Business Services (GBS) provides transactional processing and accounting services to the Terex business segments and is located in five countries: Australia, China, Italy, United Kingdom and United States.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Business Tax Manager, North America will be responsible for the strategic management of sales and execution of sales use tax compliance for Terex’s North American manufacturing and distribution operations across all Segments. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong sales and use expertise and large program/process management experience. Additionally, the successful candidate with manage a successful partnership between GBS and Corporate Tax to ensure the achievement of Terex’s tax policy.
- Internal Control and Process Oversight.
- Develop a regional internal compliance and training program, including development and maintenance of country-specific supplements to SUT, GST and QST compliance manuals.
- Design internal audit test plans, self-audit checklists and participate in business reviews to ensure compliance and improve levels of internal control.
- Follow-up on and validate business unit implementation of remedial processes and actions.
- Challenge business units to continuously improve compliance processes delivering increased process efficiency, lower transactional costs and increased value to customers.
- Business tax account ownership to ensure financial statement accuracy
- Manage all ERP systems including Oracle, SAP and Vertex to maximize service delivery and ensure consistent compliance.
- Business Unit Technical Resource.
- Provide ad-hoc technical support on transactions including taxability, documentation and transaction alternatives.
- Provide transactional support to the GBS team
- Ensure all SUT, property licences, GST and QST returns are submitted timely and accurately
- Manage information exchange with third party to ensure all returns are submitted on time and accurately
- Monitor and maintain Vertex to ensure compliance
- Train and educate managers and executives on tax-related issues.
- Proactively communicate with business units and corporate leadership on ongoing audits, controversies and possible exposures.
- Strategic Business Tax Planning. Work with colleagues in supply chain, finance and operations to identify, qualify, and implement business tax cost savings opportunities for Terex and Terex customers. Be responsible for delivering agreed-upon annual cost reduction targets.
- Support of Corporate Initiatives. Provide Terex management business decision support and tax opportunity identification related to changing supply chain, manufacturing and distribution strategies of the business.
- Information Systems Coordination. Work with Business Tax Director, IT and functional executives to define requirements and implement continuous incremental improvements to ERP and tax-related applications and data.
- Legislative Monitoring and Strategy. Ensure that Terex anticipates and capitalizes on changes in legislation.