Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining.?? Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visit www.terex.com and/or www.facebook.com/TerexCorporation.
Oklahoma City is a unique site to Terex Corporation in North America, manufacturing for each of the business segments: Terex Aerial Work Platforms, Terex Cranes, and Terex Materials Processing. Its workforce of 360+ team members is anticipated to grow by more than 1,000 over the next few years. The 100+ acre facility has recently begun an extensive remodel to accommodate the business’ growth.
The Purchasing Manager plans, direct, and coordinate programs and processes to ensure material availability and delivery in support of a Lean Manufacturing environment. Coordinates materials requirements and just-in-time deliveries with vendors, engineering, and manufacturing. This position will report to the Plant Operations Manager.
This position will be responsible for:
• Maintains awareness of commodity industry trends and develop/implement courses of action to position Terex for an uninterrupted supply of product and services from a qualified vendor base.
• Manages a staff of Buyers and support staff to coordinate day-to-day materials flow supporting Lean principles.
• Works closely with suppliers to assure uninterrupted flow of materials to Production. This will include providing accurate and timely forecasts to suppliers.
• Maintains and/or improves vendor quality standards on production, delivery, and quality of products.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors. Coordinates with other operating units sharing the same vendors.
• Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
• Maintain designated work areas in a safe, clean, and professional manner. Assist new employees of the corporation with orientation to their position, learning key support systems, policies, procedures, and personnel. Provide development planning for all direct reports.
• Comply with corporate/departmental policies and procedures governing safety, attendance, tardiness, dress code, professional ethics, and required meetings/seminars.