Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining. Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visit www.terex.com and/or www.facebook.com/TerexCorporation.
Terex Utilities is a truck equipment final stage manufacturer of digger derricks, aerial devices and associated equipment for the utility industry, municipals, telecommunications, tree and electrical contractor markets.
This position will be responsible for leading the implementation of process improvements for Terex Utilities with main focus on improving efficiency, productivity, and quality throughout the organization. Tasked with continuous improvement activities in administrative and operational areas, along with training of lean principles across the organization. Also responsible to standardize the TBS Processes and to support the plants to optimize their overall continuous improvement processes. The Director of Continuous Improvement will identify and prioritize cost reduction opportunities together with Operations, R&D, and Area Directors to improve the overall performance of Terex Utilities.
Location: Watertown, SD
About Watertown, South Dakota
Watertown, South Dakota, is a progressive town of just over 21,000 people with a Community that believes in working hard and playing hard. Our small town values and Midwestern work ethic gives this location a distinct advantage. Watertown is nestled between two lakes with excellent outdoor recreation, hunting and fishing opportunities. Our neighborhoods are clean, quiet and safe. Our school district is easily one of the best in the state and our hospital is the largest privately owned facility in South Dakota. South Dakota has no corporate income tax, no inventory tax, no personal income tax, no personal property tax and no inheritance tax. For additional information, please visit http://www.watertowndevelopmentco.com/aboutwatertown/
• Responsible for driving continuous improvement and implementation of Terex Business System (TBS) through close working relationships with area leaders
• Work with senior business leaders and teams to identify resource requirements and locations required in order to deliver results and improve manufacturing and operations costs
• Work with Corporate team and provide the necessary support and direction to fully implement a metrics driven Terex Business System using Strategic Deployment, principles of lean manufacturing and the Voice of the Customer
• Work in conjunction with other TBS teams to create common continuous improvement program tools to enable management, data collection and tracking both at local and corporate levels. This will track customer satisfaction issues and the elimination of non- value added activities.
• Develop formal Terex Utilities quality process policy for training, project management and project monitoring using common structural tools and measures.
• Implement structure to support and track CI efforts and training programs in coordination with VP/GM and colleagues in leadership roles
• Coach, mentor, and develop line managers and TBS staff in assigned regions / value streams, encourage adoption of the newly defined common methods
• Improve the quality, efficiency and responsiveness of all business activities in the area of responsibility in order to ensure total internal and external customer satisfaction
• Direct involvement with manufacturing strategy and development. This includes rationalization and integration activity aligned with manufacturing footprint.
• Involvement with new manufacturing scenarios (i.e. Ideal State, Future State, and Footprint planning)
• Implementation of 3P and design for manufacturability through a close relationship R&D and engineering design team
• Drive cost reduction through analysis of capital and capacity opportunities
• Work closely with engineering on new product launches
The candidate should be a proven change agent, who has high intellect, is results-oriented and leads an organization through his/her own inspiration and example. In addition, the candidate must create a very open and transparent environment. Key skills include:
• Integrity and Trust
• Leadership Skills
• Operational expertise
• International Business Acumen, including international work experience
• Listening Skills
• Influencing Skills; internal and external
• Negotiating skills
• Process management